Some people say that face masks and respirators provide adequate protection against being contaminated by COVID-19, while others say that they don’t work. So what is the truth regarding this matter?
There is actually truth in both statements. N95 and FFP3 respirators do work. However, there are several things that the user has to do in order to ensure that they work as intended, and provide the protection that one needs; namely these:
1. Make sure that you have the right size mask for the size and contour of your face. A medium-size mask will fit most people.
2. Make sure that you are wearing the mask properly so that it fits snugly against your face.
Some respirators — such as the ones I have — have a small metal strip across the nose bridge so that you can mold that part of the mask close to your nose so that there are no gaps between the mask and your skin.
3. If you have a beard or a mustache, you will probably have to shave it off; as otherwise, the mask will not seal properly on your face.
4. While wearing the respirator, do NOT touch any part of your face with your hands, particularly your nose and your mouth.
5. Most respirators should only be worn for a few hours and then discarded; not only because they become moist from your breathing, but also because if you are working in a contaminated area, the mask will eventually become saturated with contagions.
6. When it comes time to remove and/or discard the mask, be very careful how you do it.
Try to just touch only the straps as you remove it, as otherwise, you could unknowingly end up getting the virus on your fingers. Then, when you inadvertently touch your face, such as your mouth or your nose, you will end up infecting yourself.
7. If you are living in, working in or temporarily visiting an area where there may be infected people or contaminated surfaces, in addition to making sure that you are wearing your face mask properly following all of the previous steps, wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water, or else use wipes that contain at least a 70% alcohol solution, or use rubbing alcohol with a non-alcohol-based wipe of your choice.
If you fail to carefully follow the previous recommendations, then no matter how expensive or high quality your mask is, you will still become infected.
For the record, despite how careful they are, it has already been reported that some health care workers have in fact been infected by the coronavirus. That is just how virulent and aggressive COVID-19 is when it comes to transmission.
So be careful, be conscious of what you are doing at all times, and follow the above guidelines, as well as the guidelines which are issued by your local healthcare officials and government authorities. And, of course, pray for God’s protection.
I hope that the above tips help. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
For those of you who may have possibly missed some of my previous coronavirus-related writings, following is a list of everything I have written to date regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. I believe that you will find a lot of useful, factual, instructive and Scriptural information in this material. Please feel free to share this list on your own timelines, pages, in your Facebook groups, and on any other social networks where you happen to participate. Thank you so very much, and God bless you!
BBB Article: “Coronavirus: Just the Facts, Ma’am”:
BBB Article: “COVID-19, Financial Assistance and Christian Love”:
BBB Article: “Coronavirus: Defiant Christians, Stay Home!”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus: Latest Statistics – Bill’s Bible Basics Blog”:
BBB Blog Post: “Stop Joking About the Coronavirus”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus: God Will Silence the Fools”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus: Be Still and Know That I Am God”:
BBB Blog Post: “Is COVID-19 the New Normal? : Don’t Freak Out! Trust the Lord!”:
BBB Blog Post: “Helpful Tips Regarding Using Face Masks and Respirators”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus: Why Do You Condemn Your Brethren?”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus: Are You Distracted?”:
BBB Blog Post: “Recording: COVID-19 Safety Tips From Doctor Negrín University Hospital, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus: Wake Up, Already!”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus: 40 Bible Verse Lists Regarding God’s Love, Patience, Wrath, Judgments and Repentance”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus: Where is Your Common Sense?”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus: More Useful Information”:
BBB Blog Post: “The Doctor Anthony Fauci Debate: My View”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus: How to Respond to the Pandemic”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus: Face Masks or Bandanas?”:
BBB Blog Post: “Coronavirus and Beards and Mustaches”:
BBB Poem: “Coronavirus Kooks”: