Copyright 1994 - 2023 Bill's Bible Basics
Authored By :
Published On :
October 3, 2023
Last Updated :
October 3, 2023
Many False Doctrines/Teachings On Facebook, Compelled To Say Something About It, The Harm Caused By Misguided Beliefs And Erroneous Interpretations, Teaching Is Serious Business: Be Not Many Masters, Judged By Our Own Words, Teaching Ministry, Flat Earth Theory Is Bogus, The Hollow Earth Theory Is Bogus, COVID-19 Vaccines Are Not The Mark Of The Beast, Where Are The Beast And False Prophet?, Where Is 7-Year Holy Covenant?, Candidate X Is Not Beast Antichrist Or False Prophet, Where Is The Jewish Temple?, Where Is Abomination Of Desolation?, The Great Tribulation Has Not Begun And Will Not Soon Begin, The Rapture And Second Coming Aren't Going To Occur In Days, Jonathan Kahn And Tom Horn Are Money-Minded False Teachers, Did Man Really Go To The Moon?, There Are Other Planets Out There, Gods Of The Canaanites, False Worship of The Heavens
Dear friends, I am sorry if the following article offends certain people, but quite frankly, and honestly speaking, it has gotten to the point where I cringe every time I visit my Facebook news feed anymore. "Why, Bill?", you may be asking yourself. Well, because so many misguided people who believe themselves to be knowledgeable Christians, are posting some very misleading -- and even nonsensical, absurd -- stuff. I mean, folks, some of it really makes my jaw drop! Now, I've tried to ignore it all for a very long time -- in fact, for many years -- by just keeping quiet about it by not stirring up the pot, and by just letting things pass. As they say on the social networks, "If you don't like something, well then just keep on scrolling."
However, sad to say, we are now at the stage where there are just too many false doctrines and really weird ideas floating around all over the Facebook platform. As I said, I encounter them quite frequently. As a result, I can no longer just keep quiet about it. Thus, I feel compelled to say something, even if it offends some of my readers and online followers.
Those of you who are promoting these strange doctrines and wild interpretations need to understand that not only are you leading God's sheep astray and giving them false hope with your misguided ideas, your erroneous beliefs and your failed predictions, but you are likewise making it appear as if our Christian faith is full of ignorant people and idiots. Is it really any wonder that many nonbelievers laugh at Christians? Honestly speaking, some of you folks are an embarrassment to our faith. Let us not forget that teaching God's Word is very serious business which should not be taken lightly by anyone. In fact, it is such a serious matter that the Apostle James tells us the following:
"My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation."
James 3:1, KJV
Please note that while the word "masters" is used in the previous verse, it is translated from the Koine Greek word "didaskalos", which is also translated as "teachers" in other verses which are found in the New Testament. This is in fact why the Jews often referred to Jesus as "Master" in the four Gospels. That is, because He was a teacher of God's Word. Please notice that James writes "we shall receive the greater condemnation." That alone should emphasize how very important it is that we make sure that we are teaching God's Word correctly, if we feel called to such a ministry. Even Jesus made clear that we will each be judged by the words we speak. Consider the following group of verses:
"Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few."
Ecclesiastes 5:2, KJV
"For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."
Matthew 12:37, KJV
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him . . . Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."
Proverbs 18:13, 21, KJV
"He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls."
Proverbs 25:28, KJV
So as you can plainly see, when we speak, and particularly when we set about to teach God's Word, we need to be very careful about what comes out of our mouth. We need to make absolutely certain that it is the truth, and NOT just some invented interpretation or prediction which originates in our own mind. With that thought in mind, following are some verses which discuss anointed, Spirit-led teachers of God:
"And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?"
1 Corinthians 12:28-29, KJV
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."
Ephesians 4:11-16, KJV
Having now said all of the above, I will now proceed to lay out some of the erroneous ideas and wayward doctrines which some of our well-meaning but misguided brethren have been preaching and sharing on the Facebook platform, and no doubt on other social networks as well. There are obviously a lot more than the ones I mention below, but these are some of the major ones which I have seen as of late which just keep on resurfacing. Before sharing them, let me just say that if for some reason you don't wish to agree with me, well, that is fine; then don't. Likewise, if you take offense by what I state below and feel inclined to unfriend me, or maybe even to block me, then fine; please feel free to do it. I assure you that I won't take offense or get the least bit upset if you make that decision. And actually, at least then I won't have to keep seeing your misguided views in my news feed over and over again ad nauseam. So here we go.
1. The Earth is NOT shaped like a flat, round pizza with an impenetrable dome over it. While this appears to be a very popular belief amongst some Facebook users, personally, I am convinced that those of you who embrace the Flat Earth Theory have simply misunderstood the Scriptures. Yes, I have looked at some of them; and no, I do not want to debate the issue with you, because I have already written an article about it called "Other Planets and the Flat Earth Theory", which you will find listed at the end of this same article. Please read it if you will. Quite frankly, I find the theory both silly and embarrassing.
2. The Earth is NOT hollow with some kind of advanced human or alien civilization living inside of it. Neither do UFOs -- or UAPs, as they are also called -- originate from this imaginary civilization. This particular conspiracy theory has existed for literally decades. Again, I am not interested in wasting my time debating online about this nonsense, because I have already written a lengthy series concerning it called "Admiral Richard E. Byrd and the Hollow Earth Theory", which you will likewise find listed at the conclusion of this same article.
3. The COVID-19 vaccines and booster shots are NOT the Mark of the Beast. Let me remind you that it was not too long ago that misguided Christians were also insisting that Obamacare was the Mark of the Beast and that President Barack Obama was the Antichrist. Well, we all know how that panned out. Anyone who is the least bit familiar with the thirteenth chapter of the Book of Revelation recognizes that the Mark of the Beast is placed on one's right hand or forehead, and NOT in one's shoulder. So tell me. Have you seen anyone getting COVID-19 shots in their hand or forehead? I most certainly haven't.
Furthermore, if the vaccines and booster shots are the Mark of the Beast as some of you are so insistent on foolishly declaring on your social network pages, I am compelled to ask you exactly where are the Beast and the False Prophet who we are told promote this evil, enslaving system? They're nowhere in sight, as far as I can tell. Not only that, but where is the 7-year Holy Covenant with Israel -- which is mentioned by the Prophet Daniel -- which the Beast is supposed to sign in order to bring temporary peace to the Middle East? Please consider the following group of verses:
"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."
Revelation 13:16-18, KJV
"And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."
Revelation 14:9-11, KJV
"And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God."
Revelation 15:2, KJV
"And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image."
Revelation 16:2, KJV
"And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh."
Revelation 19:19-21, KJV
"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."
Revelation 20:4, KJV
"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."
Daniel 9:27, KJV
4. With this next one, please fill in the blank with a name of your choosing: Donald Trump, Barack Obama, Bill Gates, King Charles III, Klaus Schwab, John Lennon, Pope Frances, Maitreya, Candidate X . . . is not the Beast, the Antichrist or the False Prophet. If this were true, if any of the folks I have named here -- and there are probably others -- truly are any of these Biblical characters, where oh where is the Jewish temple in which this person is supposed to sit and proclaim himself God? Furthermore, where is the Abomination of Desolation which stands in the Holy Place, meaning on the Temple Mount in East Jerusalem? I don't see any of this, do you? Again, consider this group of Bible verses:
"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4, KJV
"And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done."
Daniel 11:36, KJV
"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."
Matthew 23:38-39, KJV
"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."
Luke 13:35, KJV
"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)"
Matthew 24:15, KJV
"But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:"
Mark 13:14, KJV
"And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh."
Luke 21:20, KJV
"Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed."
Daniel 8:13-14, KJV
"And he [the Beast] shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."
Daniel 9:27, KJV
5. Contrary to the claims of certain Facebook preachers, the period known as the Great Tribulation -- also referred to as Jacob's time of trouble -- has NOT already begun, and is NOT about ready to begin. Again, I have written a lengthy series about this which is in serious need of an update, because it does not reflect my current views. As such, I will withhold recommending it here. But for now, I will share some verses with you which are regarded by some Christians as referring to the Great Tribulation:
"Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it."
Jeremiah 30:7, KJV
"And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days. Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries. And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed."
Daniel 11:33-35, KJV
"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."
Daniel 12:1, KJV
"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."
Matthew 24:21, KJV
"And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."
Revelation 7:14, KJV
6. This next point is likewise a contentious one. It is my understanding that neither the Rapture, nor the Return of Christ, is going to occur within a matter of days, as some of these Facebook teachers have been declaring. This stuff they've been sharing regarding the constellation Virgo and the four blood moons being a sign is misguided and bogus. In a word, they are endeavoring to make celestial events and Jewish feast days conform to what they want to believe. In fact, believe it or not, but I exposed this false doctrine regarding the constellation Virgo ten years ago in a rather lengthy series entitled "Comet Elenin, Hercolubus, Nibiru, and Planet X". So it is nothing new. It is simply wash, rinse and repeat, or recycled false doctrine.
And by the way, let me just mention here that in my view, Jonathan Kahn is simply another money-making, false teacher whose predictions have failed repeatedly. What particularly irritates me about the man is that there are certain things which he teaches in his books and sermons, which he tries to present as something new which no one has ever heard before. However, the truth of the matter is that some of us -- and I include myself -- have been teaching some of the things that Kahn says, for two decades or longer. Sadly, because the man is Jewish, a lot of gullible Christians assume that Kahn is an authority on the subject. Well, the real acid test for a true Prophet of God can be found in the following verse:
"And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them."
Ezekiel 33:33, KJV
Going by that one verse alone, I would say that Jonathan Kahn -- and quite a few other wannabe prophets -- have a very poor batting average, wouldn't you? That reminds me of yet another money-making Bible huckster by the name of Tom Horn. This man has been making false predictions for well over a decade. I in fact discuss his deceptions in my 2010 three-part series called "2012: New Age Deception And Psychobabble", which you will likewise find listed at the end of this current article.
7. The final point which I am going to mention in this list is rather outlandish. Some of you who are reading this article are no doubt aware that there are some people today who are absolutely convinced that man never went to the Moon. One of the reasons behind this belief is directly related to the aforementioned Flat Earth Theory, and the impenetrable dome which supposedly covers the Earth. Other reasons which have been promoted include the Van Allen radiation belt, as well as numbers allegedly being seen on so-called Moon props in the lunar videos. Personally, I haven't come to any final conclusions regarding this issue.
However, not too long ago, while surfing on Facebook, I was surprised to discover something even more outlandish, if that is even possible. What I discovered is that contrary to what most of us have long believed -- I mean going back a number of centuries -- there are some people -- meaning Christians who are convinced that no other planets exist, other than the Earth. The primary argument behind this belief seems to be that the Bible does not directly mention any other planets in the creation story which is found in the Book of Genesis, and no other planets are mentioned by name anywhere else in the Scriptures.
Whether or not my last point is true, I honestly cannot say; the reason being that there are a lot of ancient names found in the Scriptures, and I am not personally familiar with the history of all of them. But what I do know with certainty, is that the nations of ancient Canaan -- and later the Israelites themselves -- worshipped a plethora of false gods. In fact, in my seven-part series entitled "The Fruits of Disobedience", I offer a list of specific names, which you can see in the list below:
1. Adrammelech - god of the Sepharvites of Sepharvaim, Syria introduced to Israel by Shalmanesser the fifth. Children were offered to this idol. It means "honour the king".
2. Anammelech - false god of the Assyrians introduced to Israel during the monarchy. Worshipped with rites resembling those of Molech. The companion god of Adrammelech. It means "image of the king".
3. Ashima - god worshipped by the men of Hamath in upper Syria. It means "guiltiness: I will make desolate".
4. Ashtoreth - supreme goddess -- of war and fertility -- of the Canaanites and Phoenicians known as Ishtar to the Assyrians, and as Astarte to the Greeks and Romans. It's also written as Ashtaroth or Astaroth. It may have also been Isis of the Egyptians. It means "star".
5. Baal - supreme god of the Canaanites and Phoenicians. Also known as Baalim. It means "lord".
6. Baal-peor - god worshipped at Peor with probable licentious rites. Means "lord of the gap".
7. Baal-zebub - god of the Philistines worshipped at Ekron. It means "lord of the flies".
9. Baalberith - god of the Philistines which means "lord of the covenant".
10. Bel - a chief Babylonian god. Possibly the same as Baal since it also means "lord".
11. Chemosh - the national deity of the Moabites and a god of the Ammonites, also identified with Baal-peor, Baal-zebub, Mars and Saturn. It means "subduer".
12. Chiun - probably a statue of the Assyrian and Babylonian god of the planet Saturn. It means "an image" or "pillar".
13. Dagon - god of fertility of the Philistines which had the face and hands of a man, and the tail of a fish. It means "a fish".
14. Merodach - the chief deity of the Babylonians in the time of Nebuchadnezzar. It means "thy rebellion". It is also spelled as AMAR.UTU, Martuk, Marduk and Merōdaḵ.
15. Milcom - believed to be an alternate name for Molech. Also Malcham. It means "great king".
16. Molech - god of the Ammonites and Phoenicians. It means "great king".
17. Nehushtan - name given to the serpent of brass made by Moses which the children of Israel idolized until it was destroyed by King Hezekiah. It means "a thing of brass".
18. Nergal - A chief deity of Assyria and Babylon which was worshipped by the men of Cuth northeast of Babylon. It means "hero".
19. Nibhaz - god of the Avites in the shape of a dog, which they introduced into Samaria in the time of Shalmanesser. Means "the barker".
20. Nisroch - a god of Nineveh worshipped by Assyrian king Sennacherib. It had a human body with an eagle's head. It means "the great eagle".
21. Remphan - name of an idol worshipped secretly by the Israelites in the wilderness. It may be associated with Chiun. It means "the shrunken" as in lifeless.
22. Shach - Babylonian goddess
23. Succoth - Assyrian or Babylonian deity worshipped by the Babylonians in Samaria. It means "the daughter's booth".
24. Tartak - god of the Avites of Samaria with the form of an ass. It means "prince of darkness".
What I also know, is that both the Canaanites, other Middle Eastern cultures, and even the backslidden Israelites, were guilty of worshipping heavenly bodies. In the Bible they are referred to as the "host of heaven". As I point out in a few other articles, sadly, even supposedly wise King Solomon eventually succumbed to worship of the false gods, at the behest of his pagan wives. Following are a group of sample verses which verify this point:
"Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire . . . And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven"
Deuteronomy 4:19, KJV
"If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."
Deuteronomy 17:2-5, KJV
"And they left all the commandments of the LORD their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made a grove, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served Baal."
2 Kings 17:16, KJV
"And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, after the abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD cast out before the children of Israel. For he built up again the high places which Hezekiah his father had destroyed; and he reared up altars for Baal, and made a grove, as did Ahab king of Israel; and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them. And he built altars in the house of the LORD, of which the LORD said, In Jerusalem will I put my name. And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD."
2 Kings 21:2-5, KJV
"And the king commanded Hilkiah the high priest, and the priests of the second order, and the keepers of the door, to bring forth out of the temple of the LORD all the vessels that were made for Baal, and for the grove, and for all the host of heaven: and he burned them without Jerusalem in the fields of Kidron, and carried the ashes of them unto Bethel. And he put down the idolatrous priests, whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah, and in the places round about Jerusalem; them also that burned incense unto Baal, to the sun, and to the moon, and to the planets, and to all the host of heaven."
2 Kings 23:4-5, KJV
"At that time, saith the LORD, they shall bring out the bones of the kings of Judah, and the bones of his princes, and the bones of the priests, and the bones of the prophets, and the bones of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, out of their graves: And they shall spread them before the sun, and the moon, and all the host of heaven, whom they have loved, and whom they have served, and after whom they have walked, and whom they have sought, and whom they have worshipped: they shall not be gathered, nor be buried; they shall be for dung upon the face of the earth."
Jeremiah 8:1-2, KJV
"And the houses of Jerusalem, and the houses of the kings of Judah, shall be defiled as the place of Tophet, because of all the houses upon whose roofs they have burned incense unto all the host of heaven, and have poured out drink offerings unto other gods."
Jeremiah 19:13, KJV
"I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests; And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that worship and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by Malcham;"
Zephaniah 1:4-5, KJV
"Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness? Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon."
Acts 7:42-43, KJV
Please go to part two for the conclusion of this article.
⇒ Go To The Next Part . . .